Dabar yra Pir, 2019 11 18 01:35

Visos datos yra UTC + 2 valandos

Naujos temos kūrimas Atsakyti į temą  [ 1 pranešimas ] 
Autorių Žinutė
StandartinėParašytas: Ket, 2019 11 07 04:10 
Atsijungęs
N2

New Orleans 21 with 41 seconds left and a chance for a winning touchdown that seemed improbable when they trailed by more than two touchdowns late in the first half. That was as close as they got Quinnen Williams Jersey , prolonging a painful trend in an excruciating 31-26 loss Sunday night in the NFC wild-card round. With the Panthers in position for their first lead, Newton was called for intentional grounding, which cost 13 yards, a loss of down and a 10-second runoff. Saints safety Von Bell then sacked Newton near midfield on fourth down two plays later, assuring Carolina’s third loss to New Orleans this season. It was the fifth time the Panthers failed to reach the end zone after getting past the Saints’ 25-yard line. ”I’m frustrated,” Newton said. ”We didn’t come here just to get a shot. … We came here to win. That’s what we didn’t do.” Newton threw for 349 yards, his second highest total of the year, including a 56-yard touchdown pass to running back Christian McCaffrey that brought the Panthers within five with 4:09 to go. Newton then drove them 48 yards after safety Mike Adams intercepted Drew Brees’ pass at the Carolina 31 when the Saints gambled on fourth down just across midfield. Then the comeback bid unraveled. Newton was flagged when he avoided defensive end Cam Jordan’s rush by throwing the ball out of bounds, turning what would have been a second-and-10 into a third-and-23. The call left Panthers coach Ron Rivera upset. ”Our quarterback was out of the pocket,” he said. ”I thought there was a receiver (Devin Funchess) in the vicinity. I thought the ball was past the line of scrimmage.” Newton was more diplomatic. ”It doesn’t matter what I think, but that game didn’t come down to that” call, he said. ”We could have played better as a team. It was a (close) call either way.” Carolina had first downs at the New Orleans 15 http://www.jetsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-jachai-polite-jersey , 13, 27 and 10 in a span of five possessions and settled for four field goal attempts. Kicker Graham Gano missed the first one – a 25-yarder – and Newton went 2-for-6 with a sack in that stretch. ”I just have to be better,” he said. ”I’m not going to take the cowardly way and point somebody else out. I feel like plenty of times this year it was up to me. I do believe I am the leader of this team and the team goes as I go.” The defense did not give Newton much help for long stretches. Drew Brees threw for 376 yards, and New Orleans scored touchdowns on three consecutive series in the first half, starting its run with an 80-yard touchdown strike from Brees to Ted Ginn. ”There are a couple of plays I personally would like to take back,” Panthers safety Kurt Coleman said. ”It’s frustrating. We beat the Patriots. We went toe to toe with Philadelphia. We beat Minnesota. We just didn’t go out and do what we were supposed to do.” The Panthers almost made enough plays despite falling behind 31-19 with 5:08 left. The touchdown occurred shortly after Newton had sat out a failed third-and-long play while undergoing concussion protocol. Newton took a hard hit on a sack by David Onyemata, started walking slowly off the field and then went back down in what Rivera said was an attempt to give backup Derek Anderson some extra warm-up throws. Cleared to return for the next series, Newton completed his next five passes after the injury. ”It wasn’t my head,” he said. ”It was my eye. My helmet came down low enough over my eyelid and got pressed by the player’s stomach I believe. I thought maybe somebody stuck their finger in my eye, but I have a visor, so that can’t happen.” — KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Lamar Jackson knows that he will play a big part in stopping the high-flying Kansas City Chiefs offense when he leads the Baltimore Ravens into Arrowhead Stadium on Sunday.He won’t make a tackle Chuma Edoga Jersey , though, or cause a fumble or intercept a pass.That’s because stopping Patrick Mahomes and Co. begins with keeping them on the sideline. And to do that, the Ravens quarterback needs to make sure he keeps his own offense on the field.“Whatever it takes, we’re going to help them out,” Jackson said of the Ravens’ top-ranked defense, “keep the clock running, keep the ball in our possession.”The Ravens have been good at that all season.Even before Jackson took over for Joe Flacco, who remained limited in practice this week with a hip injury, the Ravens employed a ball-control style offense. Their average time of possession is nearly 32 minutes a game, third-best in the NFL, and that in turn has helped Baltimore lead the NFL in scoring defense.It has been even more pronounced after Jackson went under center, though. He has 265 yards rushing to set a quarterback record for a player’s first three starts in the Super Bowl era http://www.jetsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-trevon-wesco-jersey , and the Ravens have run for at least 200 yards as a team in each game during the corresponding three-game win streak — they are the first team since the 2010 Jaguars to accomplish that feat.In last week’s victory over the Falcons, who have a score-a-minute offense in their own right, the Ravens held the ball for an astounding 39 minutes, 39 seconds. They did so by piling up 25 first downs, half of those coming on the ground, and running 77 plays to just 45 for the Falcons.“When you’re on the field for 20 percent less than what you normally have been, you’re obviously going to play better defense and play better as a team,” Ravens safety Eric Weddle said.“Play great defense, control the clock, play great on special teams, you have a shot at winning. That’s been known here over the years of the way the Ravens play, and we’re going to continue to do that.”The Chiefs are quite nearly the diametric opposite.Only four times in their first 12 games have they possessed the ball more than their opponents Clelin Ferrell Jersey , and that was with reigning NFL rushing champ Kareem Hunt in the backfield for the first 11 of them.Hunt was released last week after a series of off-the-field issues became public.In fact, both of the Chiefs’ losses this season — at the Patriots and Rams — have come when they’ve lost the time of possession battle. It was particularly lopsided in New England, when the Chiefs had the ball for less than 24 minutes in what became a 43-40 shootout loss to Tom Brady and Co.One of the big reasons for the disparity is that Kansas City simply scores fast, averaging an NFL-leading 37 points per game. The Chiefs’ quick-strike offense centers around Mahomes distributing to one of the deepest stables of skill-position talent in the league, headlined by speedsters Tyreek Hill and Sammy Watkins and their versatile, big-play tight end Travis Kelce.Mahomes has a league-leading 43 throws of at least 25 yards this season. Quite a few of those have been part of his NFL-best and franchise-record 41 touchdown tosses.Coach Andy Reid acknowledged that teams have tried to play ball-control offense against Kansas City, and for the most part it hasn’t worked that well. The Chiefs have been able to build big enough leads in most of their games that opponents have to abandon the run altogether.“I don’t think it changes what you do,” Reid insisted. “You have to be efficient with what you do when you have the opportunity with the ball. That is always our challenge, though. You have to take care of business when you have the opportunities.”Notes: RB Charcandrick West has switched numbers after signing earlier this week. He wore No. 35 last year and was No. 30 at practice Thursday. … P Dustin Colquitt has been nominated by Kansas City for the Walter Payton Man of the Year Award. … TE Demetrius Harris (ill) missed Thursday’s practice.

Į viršų
 Aprašymas  

Rodyti paskutinius pranešimus:  Rūšiuoti pagal  
Naujos temos kūrimas Atsakyti į temą  [ 1 pranešimas ] 

Visos datos yra UTC + 2 valandos

Dabar prisijungę

Vartotojai naršantys šį forumą: Registruotų vartotojų nėra ir 1 svečias

Jūs negalite kurti naujų temų šiame forume
Jūs negalite atsakinėti į temas šiame forume
Jūs negalite redaguoti savo pranešimų šiame forume
Jūs negalite trinti savo pranešimų šiame forume
Jūs negalite prikabinti failų šiame forume